This privacy notice will inform you as to how we collect, use and protect your personal information.
Who we are:
Wolf Brothers Jewellers is a family owned and managed retail and manufacturing jewellery business. The business was started in 1902, by brothers Angel and Isador Wolf and has been in the Greenstein family since 1973. We have three branches between Johannesburg and Cape Town as well as an eCommerce website.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Customers: Customer name, surname, email address, telephone number, marketing consent, delivery address, order details, purchase history
- Employees: Employee name, surname, ID number, email address, bank details, physical address, contact number, next of kin, marital status, income tax number, spouses name and surname, postal address
How we get the personal information and what we use is for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Customer: general service delivery, customer sales, delivery of orders, subscription to marketing, subscription to loyalty program; storage of information related to valuation certificates and past purchases, jewellery and watch repair history
- Employee: purposes of vetting, purposes of employment
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Customer: none
- Employee: criminal and credit checks
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Customer: for purposes of service delivery, to facilitate our loyalty program, to market our products and promotions, to deliver orders, to maintain a repair / service history, to maintain a history of sales for purposed of renewing valuation certificates
- Employee: for purposes of employment, for future employment
We may share this information with:
- Customer: loyalty system, 3rd party couriers, accountant
- Employee: accountants, future employers
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business; or
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored as follows:
- Customers: securely in the cloud, access-controlled and password protected
- Employees: Password protected, access-controlled folders, printed in files locked away, accounting system – access controlled
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- You may also request Wolf Brothers Jewellers to correct or supplement any of your personal data which we will undertake as soon as practicable.
- You may request the destruction of your personal data. Wolf Brothers Jewellers will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting us from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.